Cumpără premium pentru a scăpa de reclame
Postări: 6   Vizitat de: 63 users
11.03.2013 - 20:48
There are some aspects to certain elements of diplomacy that i'm sure everybody finds annoying, and I propose changes to these.

Having to stop fighting for one turn when trying to end a war. Now when you're in a war, but are ready to ally end, you have to tell your opponent to stop for a turn to send the ally request. Seems simple enough. However, idiots do exist, and miscommunication is rampant in this game. If one person doesn't get the memo, and keeps attacking, they can realize the next turn and stop attacking, while the person they attacked attacks them. This process can repeat for several turns until somebody realizes what the fuck they're doing and stops it. This is also annoying if you're fighting somebody and they agree to ally-end, but you really don't trust them farther than you can throw them, and suspect that it's a ploy to get you to lower your guard for one precious turn. Both of these have happened to me several times in my career (cred to Terminal, as we spent 10 turns today trying to ally each other during a war)
Solution: If you send an ally request or peace request to somebody who attacks you, or whom you attack, the other player must accept, however, you must also re-accept the request, so that both players will be on the same terms if one player did a sneak attack on the other before that turn.

Not being able to look around at the map/player statistics when somebody sends you an ally request: I don't know if anybody else is as plagued by this as I am, but when somebody sends me an ally request, I can't move my screen around the map to see how that person is doing in their area, I can't look at the players to see unit count, and I can't look at diplomacy to see if that 'ally' would be able to help me in what I anticipate would be my future wars. Since I can't see this, sometimes I mistakenly ally people who end up to be liabilities rather than assets, or don't ally key players because I could not look at the map to see that the person was a superpower. I don't care if you call me shallow, but I don't ally people for shits and giggles, or so that I won't have to fight in my starting area, I ally to gain a partner in my plot to dominate the world. The less allies that my ally has, the better for me, as they can actually help me out against other players, and the more land/units they have, the better for me, as there's less likelyhood for them to be killed. If the reason we can't move is because you don't want us to attack those who sent the ally requests while they're waiting, then it can be made that you can't move your units while looking at the ally/peace requests sent to you, but you can look around the map, and at player statistics.
----
"Bitches ain't shit, but hoes and tricks"
-Mahatma Gandhi
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
11.03.2013 - 21:17
Solution: Don't ally anyone. And don't ally end. Just like the mighty TopHats.

Scris de zombiekiller, 11.03.2013 at 20:48

Solution: If you send an ally request or peace request to somebody who attacks you, or whom you attack, the other player must accept, however, you must also re-accept the request, so that both players will be on the same terms if one player did a sneak attack on the other before that turn.

I disagree. The problem is that when you or your enemy attack, the ally request gets cancelled.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The Real Solution

The best solution for this would be to send an ally request where the other player can accept on that same turn. (gets a message box that shows the diplomacy details.) First of all, this alerts him. Also this forces him to immediately make a decision to either accept or decline.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
12.03.2013 - 12:00
Citat:

AW faces today it that many people would rather ally end then see a game through. And today I was pretty much forced and pressured into allying while we were at war just because other players didn't want the game to go on for 20 more minutes. People should not be playing whole world games if they don't want to stick around for a long game. It sickens me how we were having a war but then other players would demand an ally end or would betray us just to end the game.

i have the same problem over here, each time i play a world map scenario like 7 years war, or imperial era.

Once i had all of America and was invading a guy in africa, everyone in europe [like 6 players] ask me to stop killing africa and ally end, i refused and they send hordes and hordes of unprotected transports.

After 20 turns i got tired of destroying all the stacks and decided to ally end.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
12.03.2013 - 14:58
Scris de Guest, 12.03.2013 at 06:43

Scris de tophat, 11.03.2013 at 21:17

Solution: Don't ally anyone. And don't ally end. Just like the mighty TopHats.

This. Zombie in that game today I obviously didn't want to ally you, I wanted to kill you. Another huge problem AW faces today it that many people would rather ally end then see a game through. And today I was pretty much forced and pressured into allying while we were at war just because other players didn't want the game to go on for 20 more minutes. People should not be playing whole world games if they don't want to stick around for a long game. It sickens me how we were having a war but then other players would demand an ally end or would betray us just to end the game. The newer AW community needs learn to respect others during a game, that includes letting people play. And also not insulting people who refuse to do as a few others may want. I do not take kindly to being called a faggot just for not allying and I feel that you also had no reason to bring up my name specifically in this thread. I say good day to you sir!

Also i like HatTops real solution idea

No, the problem was when you said you would ally me, then attacked me that turn so that I wouldn't be defending myself for a turn. I don't want to get into this right now, I used it as an example, not the reason for suggesting this. Sometimes when two people are at war, they want to ally is what the meaning behind this is.
----
"Bitches ain't shit, but hoes and tricks"
-Mahatma Gandhi
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
12.03.2013 - 20:32
Okay, While I think HatTops said it in arrogant way I think is suggesting is best. Also When you play a world game Expect to be long.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
20.03.2013 - 16:17
I vote this up As a Cease Fire option (3 Turns no attack) it would add alot of variety gameplay wise.
----
www.facebook.com/GreenHavenOrg

http://thegreenhavenproject.org/
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privat | Termeni și condiții | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Alătura-te nouă pe

Extinde vorba