Cumpără premium pentru a scăpa de reclame
Postări: 18   Vizitat de: 64 users
17.03.2021 - 08:37
At the birth of our planet, the most beautiful encounter between the land and the sea must have happened at the coast of Montenegro. When the pearls of nature were sown, handfuls of them were cast on this soil." - - Lord Byron

Throughout the years, a lot of players asked me where am I from, and were surprised by my answer. Meeting a Montenegrin can be quite an achievement, due to Montenegro' small population. Probabilty of meeting a Montenegrin is 8 in 100.000 (Montenegro's population is about 628.000).

Montenegro's location

Despite its small population and area, compared to its neighbours, Montenegro has became one of the fastest growing economies in Europe (with growth rate of 4.4% in 2019 (Covid 2020 was disasterous ) being followed by Serbia's 4.2% and Albania's 3.9% in the region)

Budva, the city in which I was born, and where my family still lives.

Bordered by the clear sea, covered with white rocks, sunlit by the Mediterranean sun, Montenegro is one of the last European nature oases.

Montenegro's 300 kilometres (186 miles) long coast is one of the top tourist destinations in the world.

Richard's Head beach - was named after Richard Widmark, who filmed The Long Ships here in 1964.

Montenegro's coastal towns are hundreds years old, and their old parts have been preserved:

Mixture of traditional and modern architecture is what makes Montenegro unique:

Stara Maslina, in Montenegro's southern town of Bar, is known as the oldest olive tree in the world. At over 2,000 years old, the tree is a magnificent attraction in an area known for its hectares of beautiful olive groves. In fact, there are over 100,000 olive trees in Bar that are over 1,000 years old!

One side of the tree is burned, but locals can't agree whether it's due to lightning strike or an accidental fire during a card game under the tree. Given Montenegrins' love of smoking, drinking, and joking, it's more likely to be the latter.

For the end of this topic, I must say few things about Montenegrin people. We are friendly, proud.... But, I need to discuss the narrative that has been present in Balkans for decades: "Montenegrins are lazy".
First and foremost, let me say that Montenegrins are not a lazy nation at all. Most of the people I know - both friends and family alike, are hard-working and industrious. It's not quite clear to me how this idea of a foot-dragging national character got created, but I would imagine it had something to do with geography. Usually, people from Mediterranean countries are characterized as slower and lazier than their counterparts in northern Europe. Now while that generalization probably dates to Luther's Protestant work ethic at the expense of the Catholics, Montenegrin "laziness" most likely entered national consciousness during the period of Yugoslavia. Back then, Montenegrins were subject to the same characterization - a southern republic where people were fortunate enough to bask in the sunlight, enjoy a warm dip in the sea, and overall a more relaxed way of life than their counterparts in Belgrade and Zagreb. Somehow this got mistaken for laziness.

Nonetheless, this narrative gave birth to uncountable amount of jokes throughout the time, one of these being:
----

Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 08:45
 Zoe
Fake
real leaked footage from Montenegro:
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 09:14
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 09:26
 Alex
Message deleted by Sid. Reason: Trying to start flamewar.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 09:31
Scris de Metyu, 17.03.2021 at 09:14

yep...
----

Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 09:36
It's good to mention costal regions as Ulqin and Tivar, but we shouldn't forget Tuz, Podgoriç and Rozhaje cities.

Most importantly of all we shouldn't forget the great mountanus cities of Plave and Gucia

Overall Montenegro is a nice country.

----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 10:08
Amazing place very beautiful!!
----
"People can be as dark as they want to be, but it's enough to intervene in a part of Greek life, so that it is immediately illuminated."
Friedrich N
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 13:57
Message deleted by Nedris. Reason:
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 14:27
Scris de Bella Ciao, 17.03.2021 at 10:08

Amazing place very beautiful!!

It is, it is
----

Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 14:58
Message deleted by Nero. Reason: Trying to start flame war
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 15:16
 Nero
Beautiful pictures. I do not understand why every Balkan post results in a flame war.
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 15:22
Scris de Nero, 17.03.2021 at 15:16

Beautiful pictures. I do not understand why every Balkan post results in a flame war.

Thanks darling
Welp, some players find amusement in arguing about Balkans, negating and antagonizing each other's ethnicity in a really bad manner that is in the gray zone of rules most of the time - all that in a game which has 1-2% playerbase from Balkans.

P.S Dave spying on us, confirmed:

----

Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 15:49
Montenegro the land of lazy people
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
17.03.2021 - 15:58
Scris de Nero, 17.03.2021 at 15:16

Care to explain what was inflammatory in my post about montenegro? I don't really think you understand my post or what flame war is...

EDIT: Nero doesn't even dignify me the answer... Nedris and Cold Case atleast notified me about the issues concerning me.

Nero is very unprofessional moderator
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
18.03.2021 - 18:09
Bjutiful Serbian Kantri.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
18.03.2021 - 23:08
Montenegro is a nice serbian city. I want to visit
----

Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
19.03.2021 - 06:24
Scris de 31TENGRI69, 18.03.2021 at 23:08

Montenegro is a nice serbian city. I want to visit

Its russian now... montenegrin oligarchs sold everything to russian oligarchs, even the historic buildings, landmarks and locations. While montenegrins fist-punching their chests yelling they are montenegrins, their country is being sold.

So if anything, pavle just posted images of 'russian stuff' and he can as easily rename the topic 'what i mean when i say im from russia'.

Typical nationalist trope.

EDIT: didnt believe we as humans came to this, having to explain the self-explanatory, but here it goes: i am not anti-montenegro but anti-imperialist and pro-people, my post(s) are about injustice, theft and corruption not agaisnt people, their families or community.
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
19.03.2021 - 06:35
Message deleted by Cold Case. Reason: reported for being insulting, pmed juggers about it
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privat | Termeni și condiții | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Alătura-te nouă pe

Extinde vorba