Cumpără premium pentru a scăpa de reclame
Postări: 14   Vizitat de: 46 users
06.02.2021 - 11:02
Foundation of Geopolitics(1997), created as Russian counterpart to Brzezinski's Grand Chessboard (1997)

In Europe:

- Germany should be offered the de facto political dominance over most Protestant and Catholic states located within Central and Eastern Europe. Kaliningrad oblast could be given back to Germany. The book uses the term "Moscow-Berlin axis"

- France should be encouraged to form a bloc with Germany, as they both have a "firm anti-Atlanticist tradition".

- The United Kingdom, merely described as an "extraterritorial floating base of the U.S.", should be cut off from Europe.

- Finland should be absorbed into Russia. Southern Finland will be combined with the Republic of Karelia and northern Finland will be "donated to Murmansk Oblast".

- Estonia should be given to Germany's sphere of influence.

- Latvia and Lithuania should be given a "special status" in the Eurasian-Russian sphere.

- Poland should be granted a "special status" in the Eurasian sphere.

- Romania, North Macedonia, Serbia, "Serbian Bosnia" and Greece - "Orthodox collectivist East" - will unite with "Moscow the Third Rome" and reject the "rational-individualistic West".

- Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.

In the Middle East and Central Asia:

- The book stresses the "continental Russian-Islamic alliance" which lies "at the foundation of anti-Atlanticist strategy". The alliance is based on the "traditional character of Russian and Islamic civilization".

- Iran is a key ally. The book uses the term "Moscow-Tehran axis".

- Armenia has a special role: It will serve as a "strategic base," and it is necessary to create "the [subsidiary] axis Moscow-Yerevan-Teheran". Armenians "are an Aryan people ... [like] the Iranians and the Kurds".

- Azerbaijan could be "split up" or given to Iran.

- Georgia should be dismembered. Abkhazia and "United Ossetia" (which includes Georgia's South Ossetia) will be incorporated into Russia. Georgia's independent policies are unacceptable.

- Russia needs to create "geopolitical shocks" within Turkey. These can be achieved by employing Kurds, Armenians and other minorities.

- The book regards the Caucasus as a Russian territory, including "the eastern and northern shores of the Caspian (the territories of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan)" and Central Asia (mentioning Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan).

In East and Southeast Asia:

- China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled". Dugin suggests that Russia start by taking Tibet-Xinjiang-Inner Mongolia-Manchuria as a security belt. Russia should offer China help "in a southern direction - Indochina (except Vietnam), the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia" as geopolitical compensation.

- Russia should manipulate Japanese politics by offering the Kuril Islands to Japan and provoking anti-Americanism.

- Mongolia should be absorbed into Eurasia-Russia.

In the United States:

- Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements - extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics".

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics]
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
06.02.2021 - 11:09
I understood this(book) is to be done until the end of the 21st century:

- 2001 German approach [pending]
- 2008 War in Georgia [check]
- 2014 War in Ukraine [check]
- 2015 Alliance with Iran [check]
- 2016 Gulen coup in Turkey [check]
- 2016 Instability in USA [check]
- 2017 Xinjian secession [fail] (locals deported to camps)
- 2020 UK left EU [check]
- 2020 Armenian-Azeri War [fail]
- 2020 Japanese anti-russian PM replaced [pending]
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
06.02.2021 - 13:19
God, Tito is still active and spamming off topic.
----

Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
07.02.2021 - 00:54
Scris de Skanderbeg, 06.02.2021 at 11:09

I understood this(book) is to be done until the end of the 21st century:

- 2001 German approach [pending]

Russia and Germany did pretty well under the Schröder chancellery. Wish we could go back to that sort of relationship between the countries. Laschet is a transatlantist like Merkel though, so not happening.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
07.02.2021 - 03:42
Scris de learster, 07.02.2021 at 00:54

Russia and Germany did pretty well under the Schröder chancellery. Wish we could go back to that sort of relationship between the countries. Laschet is a transatlantist like Merkel though, so not happening.

Dude don't talk like that here, unless you have some sort of plasma shield around you, Atwar atlanticists will eat you alive.

Insult me, save yourself.
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
07.02.2021 - 08:55
I find a Russian resurgence back to superpower status unlikely in general. It just doesn't have the demographic or economic foundation for it.

Russia was a superpower mostly by historical coincidence - the Industrial Revolution elevated Europe above the rest of the world in terms of technology and industry, and most of it got blown up in the Second World War, leaving the Soviet Union as a superpower pretty much for the lack of other contestants.

Both of those things are changing - Western Europe is has largely recovered - at least economically - from the Second World War. Recently they've also started to chafe a little under American leadership and are starting to assert a little more independence. Meanwhile, the Asian powers with their large populations are rapidly catching up.

Historical coincidence let Europe dominate the world and let the Soviet Union dominate Europe. But those coincidences are starting to fade. With a population of over 100 million people and an abundance of natural resources, Russia certainly has the weight to remain a European great power, but its Soviet heydays of controlling half the world is now firmly in the past.

...unless, that is, something unexpected happens and blows up East Asia and Western Europe again.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
08.02.2021 - 02:58
Scris de International, 07.02.2021 at 08:55

snip

In my opinion and math; Russia have the most chances to become number one and probably the sole superpower in the future:

1. have the most resources(of all superpowers)
2. have the smallest population(of all superpowers)

Merge these two and you have the recipe for world domination. Assuming you 'believe' in the climate change. Temperatures will rise, melting the Russian permafrost, giving access to even more resources and fresh land for farming. Russia also possess 25% of planetary fresh water and 2nd largest forest coverage.

Russia possess so many resources, and yet consume so few simply because of its small population(which is the size of Mexico). Other superpowers are growing in numbers, not reducing, one superpower have 330 million, another 1.4 billion. In 30 years, China will have 1.5 billion, USA 400 million.
And not only their populations are growing, but also economies;

1. to make more profit, you need to sell more products
2. to make more products you need more resources

While other superpowers consume more and more, they become dependent on the Russian infinite resources. And not only superpowers, but whole world is growing, in population and economy, everyone need fresh water, food and energy to power their industry.
And USA, EU and China maxed out their agriculture, they can't produce (much)more, Latin America, Africa and Russia are the last to develop it, and SA and Afr are not countries, but continents, not unified like Russia.

Russia's position and wealth is invitation for invasion, i don't know if they can win that war, but if it happens i know nukes will fly. Enemies will either have to rush or subvert russian society in order to control its leaders which will export russian resources for free, like Brazil. Or give in to Russian demands, in return for resources, so their societies don't collapse.
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
08.02.2021 - 05:40
Scris de Skanderbeg, 08.02.2021 at 02:58
-snip-

Natural resource rents are a tiny fraction of the world economy. It's under 3% now and even during the Oil Shocks of the '70s it didn't rise above 10%.

Since the Industrial Revolution, countries just do not become economic powers on the basis of their natural resources alone. Places like Saudi Arabia are secondary powers today at best. I don't expect this to change all that much in the future. If anything, as the world slowly moves into a post-industrial economy, I expect the importance of natural resources to decrease. Natural resources are abundant on this planet and resources that are abundant don't make for much of a bargaining chip.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
08.02.2021 - 05:45
Scris de Skanderbeg, 08.02.2021 at 02:58

Scris de International, 07.02.2021 at 08:55

snip

Russia possess so many resources, and yet consume so few simply because of its small population(which is the size of Mexico). Other superpowers are growing in numbers, not reducing, one superpower have 330 million, another 1.4 billion. In 30 years, China will have 1.5 billion, USA 400 million.
And not only their populations are growing, but also economies;

1. to make more profit, you need to sell more products
2. to make more products you need more resources

there is a thing called the dutch disease, also known as resource curse.
furthermore, its been proven that countries with large resources tend to be economically weaker. Lets have all the resources found in russia, so the whole world will want a piece of it. The start of scramble of russia. Just like how it went for resource rich african countries, the same will happen to resource rich russia.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
08.02.2021 - 06:43
 Zoe
Went very well for you in the 1940s didn't it?
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
08.02.2021 - 09:40
Scris de International, 08.02.2021 at 05:40

Natural resource rents are a tiny fraction of the world economy. It's under 3% now and even during the Oil Shocks of the '70s it didn't rise above 10%.

Since the Industrial Revolution, countries just do not become economic powers on the basis of their natural resources alone. Places like Saudi Arabia are secondary powers today at best. I don't expect this to change all that much in the future. If anything, as the world slowly moves into a post-industrial economy, I expect the importance of natural resources to decrease. Natural resources are abundant on this planet and resources that are abundant don't make for much of a bargaining chip.

Then we have two different economic philosophy.

I can't understand yours; to have an economy void of real resources. Everything we make is made out of real resources; timber, mineral, chemicals, and machines producing our stuff are powered by coal, oil and gas.

We are currently using real electronic devices, to type this, made by real resources, extracted from Russia and Congo.

You want to move to post-industrial economy, i dont even know what that means. Every economy need resources. High tech industry need devices and tools, medicine need infrastructure and tools, law need infrastructure and paper, made out of timber, or if you want to digitalize, you need electronic devices, which mean you need Congolese or Russian minerals.

And not only our economies still need resources, but we need them more than ever. There are 7.5 times more people on Earth today than during First Industrial Revolution, basically all economies are currently growing and transportation is easier than ever before. For example i've read recently that 20% of turkish economy is construction infrastructure, and that China consumes half of world's steel and concrete production, and they are just two countries.

Every aspect of economy i look, i see demand for more and more resources, not less, and our planet is finite.

PS: part of the reason i love napoleon era, last modern era without industrial spam but with ability to achieve good standard.
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
08.02.2021 - 15:23
Scris de Skanderbeg, 08.02.2021 at 09:40

Then we have two different economic philosophy.

I can't understand yours; to have an economy void of real resources. Everything we make is made out of real resources; timber, mineral, chemicals, and machines producing our stuff are powered by coal, oil and gas.

We are currently using real electronic devices, to type this, made by real resources, extracted from Russia and Congo.

You want to move to post-industrial economy, i dont even know what that means. Every economy need resources. High tech industry need devices and tools, medicine need infrastructure and tools, law need infrastructure and paper, made out of timber, or if you want to digitalize, you need electronic devices, which mean you need Congolese or Russian minerals.

And not only our economies still need resources, but we need them more than ever. There are 7.5 times more people on Earth today than during First Industrial Revolution, basically all economies are currently growing and transportation is easier than ever before. For example i've read recently that 20% of turkish economy is construction infrastructure, and that China consumes half of world's steel and concrete production, and they are just two countries.

Every aspect of economy i look, i see demand for more and more resources, not less, and our planet is finite.

PS: part of the reason i love napoleon era, last modern era without industrial spam but with ability to achieve good standard.

What he probably means is that resources are only important in pre- globalized world.
I can buy timber for 0.01€ per x and make something from it and sell it for €10. The resource itself does not have the economic profit. You make profit out of your service. Hence, the difference in resources of making an iphone and selling the same iphone.

What i meant with globalized world is the world economy in which all transaction costs have been eliminated and national borders do not interfere with the exchange of goods, services or capital (might as well put people in it too)

There is nothing better in napoleonic era than we have right now. Napoleonic era had constant diseases, shittier hygiene, death was more common, racism, slaves, even the life of the average people from africa is better than the life of kings in napoleonic era. The amount of cargo, high- tech, medice, QoL, is beyond napoleonic era.
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
09.02.2021 - 11:23

And i forgot to add Automation & Robotics!

Who will suffer more when machines take over jobs: millions of people in multi-racial America, billion people in China or few million in Russia?

USA have private healthcare, where you have to pay insurance or pay for treatment, China have too many people, Russia have state healthcare and 'few' people compared to other two superpowers. Russians also own more homes due to soviet housing becomes your property after collapse, and China is building ghost cities.

All of this combined with climate change and growing demand for resources... let's just say it won't be bright future.
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
10.02.2021 - 08:01

Arise to arms, ye Russian folk,
In battle just, in fight to death.
Arise ye people free and brave,
Defend our fair, our native land!
To living warriors high esteem,
Immortal fame to warriors slain.
For native home, for Russian soil
Arise ye people, Russian folk!
In our Russia great,
In our native Russia
No foe shall live.
Rise to arms, arise, native motherland.
No foe shall march 'cross Russian land,
No foreign troops shall Russia raid.
Unseen the ways to Russia are.
No foe shall ravage Russian fields.
In battle just, in fight to death,
Arise ye people, free and brave,
----
Se încarcă...
Se încarcă...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privat | Termeni și condiții | Bannere | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Alătura-te nouă pe

Extinde vorba